Monday, June 17, 2013

Slippery Wedron.

June 16, 2013

My Little Buddy!

Great Father's Day!



The Logs!
We made the trek south to Wedron IL for round 3 of the District 16 Hare Scramble series. The forecast for the weekend wasn't looking so good because they were calling for rain Saturday night. Wedron had enough rain during the week that the woods were muddy already. Unfortunately the skies opened up Saturday night and soaked the course. Sunday came and it was a very warm and sunny day. The turn out was pretty good considering the weather, but my day didn't go as planned. I had a bad start and had to try and work my way through the pack which ended up not being so easy for me that day. I was trying too hard to get to the front that I was making a lot of mistakes and some of the mistakes where ending up making me fall down in the slippery conditions. I kept trying to push harder and harder, but finally decided to slow down a little and try and salvage the best finish that I could for that day. You don't always have good days and this definitely wasn't one of the my best rides. The race was only 1hr 45min and this is shorter than what we are used to. The extra time helps you when you have to play catch up like I was doing and I just ran out of time to improve my position. I ended the day in 6th overall. Not bad considering my struggles, but not acceptable for my standards. I plan on learning from this and will rebound as I move on to the next race. I would like to thank everyone who helps and supports me: my wife, mom and dad, and especially all my sponsors. You make this all possible. THANKS!!

Remember keep it between the Trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment