Monday, July 8, 2013

Dusty Stone Lake.

July 7, 2013

Don't mess with me.  
Little target shooting on Saturday.

Ready for the action!

Taking the checkers for the WIN!!

This was our first trip out to Stonelake for the year and we were looking forward to it. I talked to Phil and asked if we could use the pistol range and do some shooting on Saturday and he said that would be OK. We were able to do a little shooting, fishing, and racing; what else could you ask for in a weekend? The temps were pretty warm all weekend. Sunday rolled around and we were ready for the warm weather and riding hard. There were 13 AA riders on the line all ready to get the race rolling. I didn't get the best start, but everyone went wide in the first turn and I came out in third. I was where I wanted to be, up front with the faster riders. But that came to a quick end as they watered the track heavily and made it slippery. I came into the last big burm corner before we left the moto track and headed into the woods and washed the front end and tipped over. I got right back up and took off only loosing two spots. I was able to pass the one guy rather quickly but then the dust started to play a big factor on the roads we were racing down and I couldn't see a thing when I was behind someone. By lap three I was up to third again and slowly catching the guys in front of me. As I started lap four I was coming around the corner near the start and saw the leader, Nate, in the pits as if something was wrong (he ended up getting a flat front tire and came back to change it). When I saw him I knew I was now in second and really had to put my head down and try to gap him and to catch Dylan who was in the lead. I knew if I pushed really hard I could catch him. By lap five I was right behind him and just waited for an opportunity to pass. We pushed really hard moving through lappers and on the final lap about two miles or so from the end I was able to sneak by him on a rocky corner and took over the lead. I was super excited to be able to take the win because I really pushed myself in the heat to catch and to pass Dylan. I would like to thank all my sponsors for everything they do and also my family for helping each week to get ready for the races and helping at the races, Thanks again.

Remember keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment