Monday, June 11, 2012

Loose Moose Enduro!!

 Start of the race row 20.

 We're off!!
Leaving Gas.

Stan, Chase, and I after the race.

This past Sunday was the Loose Moose Enduro near Marquette MI.  We set off for the weekend Friday night so that we could help out with the kids race (Mini Moose Enduro) on Saturday.  I helped out with a check on Saturday on the first loop of the race.  We burned a good number of riders because the kids race was a traditional Enduro format with time keeping.  I had a great time helping out and seeing all the kids with smiles on their faces riding in the perfect trail conditions.  When Sunday rolled around the temps were already warm in the early morning hours. I was excited for the race and was hoping to have a repeat of last year as I was the overall champion.  When the clock clicked to 9:20 I was off in the first section.  The section was a little over four miles long of tighter trail which was really good. I pushed really hard right off the start and had a good ride through that section dropping a 3 which at that point was the fastest time through that section with only one other rider doing the same. The second section was about eight miles long. It consisted of more flowing trail in what they call the plains. I had a really good ride through this section until I tried to get around a lapper near the end of the test. I couldn't stop in time to get around him as he was pulling over and I clipped his rear tire and went down.  Not that big of deal I thought until I got up and got going and went to shift and my lever was smashed into my footpeg. I was still able to shift and just kept pushing to the check out. When I came across the line I just missed zeroing that section by what the tip over cost me. I still had the fastest time of the day in that section with a 1. The next section also went well for me it was a 14 mile section and I had the fastest time of the day in this test too.  The fourth test of the day was another eight mile section and I had a good pace through this one, but had a little trouble with lappers. The last test of the day was for the A and AA only and they call it the Wee Wee hills. It is a very technical section that you just have to ride with a good pace and try not to race it because it will bite you if you try and push it through there.  I had a little trouble on the first big rocky up hill and one other rock wall that we had to climb. After that I just stepped it back a little bit and was more cautious in the more technical spots and wicked up where I felt it was safer to push. I ended up dropping 18 points in that section. I had a great time at the race as I ended up with the overall win once again. I dropped a total of 36 points and won the race. I would like to thank the UP Sandstormers for putting on a good event and everyone else that helped me throughout the day. Big thanks to all my sponsors:  Mooseracing, Keytime Motorsports, Husqvarna, Klim helmets, Enduro Engineering, Pirelli, FMF, Vesrah, Bel Ray, UFO, GPR, IMS, G2, EVS, Smith, and Alpinestar.  Thanks to everyone.

Keep it between the tree's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment