Monday, June 18, 2012

Taking The WIn At The Muddy Stone Lake Enduro!

THE AFTERMATH.
Well with all the rain they got on Thursday ( a total of 4-5 inches)  I really thought it was going to be a lot worse. It was still very slippery and demanding to go fast but it wasn't just a rut all day either. The first section was tight which I really like that type of trail. I had a good pace and mistake free made that section a great way to start the day. I set a good pace and maintained it to see were I stood for the day. Nate and I both had the same score so I knew I was on the right pace for the day for a shot at the win. I knew that if I had to I could push it a little more in the conditions if I had to. In the second and third sections I made a couple mistakes which cost me to miss the flips. So I was down 2 on Nate going into the fourth test. I just wanted to have a clean and mistake free section that way if any one would have any trouble I could gain back some time on them. A short while into the section I saw Nate on the side of the trail with his dad. I found out later he had bent his rear sprocket and had to change wheels. Knowing that he was sitting there I tried to not make any mistakes and have a good section. The section went well for me other than breaking my rear brake pedal. I lost the tip of the pedal half way through that section. When I got to the start of the last section I bent it out farther so I had something to use for the last section. The last section went good for me no mistakes but not having my whole lever made it hard to really push like I would have liked to. All and all I had a good day , it came down to who could go fast through the mud and rocks stone lake is known for and who could get their bike to the finish line in one piece. I came home with the overall for the day and I was happy. I would like to thank my pit crew and all my sponsors : moose racing, keytime motorsports , husqvarna, klim helmets, enduro engineering ,vesrah ,fmf, bell ray, pirelli, smith, ims, gpr, g2 ,UFO. Thanks again to the clubs that put the race on with out them we wouldn't be out there having fun and winning races.


Remember to keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment