Monday, July 23, 2012

Fox Valley Offroad Park's Dual District Race.

AA row.

First turn.




One of the logs at scoring.
Last corner before the checkers!
Well the weekend started out like the last couple of weeks have been HOT!! I was really looking forward to this weekend's race. For one I have never been here before and that is always exciting going to a new facility to race since we usually race the same tracks year after year. And two I was looking forward to the bigger turnout that District 17 usually has. Since it was so hot and extremely dry down there the rider count was down a little bit which was expected. I rode my mountain bike around the track Saturday afternoon to see what I was in for on Sunday. The track had a lot of elevation change on the hill sides and two creek crossings. They have a really safe moto track and  a rocky dried up creek bottom that we winded down.  The course was going to be super dusty so a good start was definitely going to help you put some time on everyone. I had a good jump off the start but I was third going into the woods. Ryan Moss and Bobby Kau were right in front of me. Just a short time in the woods Bobby took an outside line and Ryan and myself got by him and started to pull away. Ryan led the first lap and a half and then he washed out on an uphill. I tried to get around him but there wasn't enough room so he got going again. He ended up tipping over at the top of the hill and I was able to go around him there and start to put some good fast laps in since I had a clear view of the trail with no dust. I rode a smart and good pace the whole day just trying not to make any mistakes and get through the heat and dust we had to deal with. My day ended well- I took the Overall  win by just over 1 minute. I had a lot of fun and would like to thank the owners for doing a great job with the course for what they have to work with. They kept the speeds down in the dust and tried to water everything that they could. I would also like to thank my pit crew, which consists of  Chase, Keri , Mom and Dad for sweating it out in the heat. Not to forget all my great sponsors that I have this year for helping me win races and just to go and have fun with everyone at the races THANKS!!!


Till next time keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment