Monday, July 30, 2012

Hixton HareScramble.

Sunday July 29, 2012
We are back at CMJ Raceway in Hixton, WI for the last time this year. The morning of the race the skies were looking like it might rain. The kids race saw a couple of sprinkles but when the C and + 50 classes left the line it was a steady light rain for them the entire race. The rain stayed steady all the way up until the afternoon race. It looked as though we were going to have to fight the goggle issues ourselves but, by the time we were ready to race the rain had stopped and made the trail dust free for the most part. We lined up on the motocross start as usual but instead of your typical dead engine start they made us raise our right hand over our heads until the gun went off. I almost squeezed by Bobby Kau for the hole shot but didn't want to take us both out. I pulled in behind him and waited until we got off the moto track into the first woods section where I made my move and got around him and started to put my head down to try to pull away. On my second lap my dad showed me the pit board and I had a 45 second lead in a lap and a half. I wanted to continue to push myself and get a comfortable gap between me and the rest of the guys. I stayed focused the entire race and tried to  ride smart and smooth and mistake free. My lap times were pretty consistent the whole day as my fastest lap was my first and last lap of the day. I had an awesome ride and I took the overall by a big margin. I would like to thank my Dad for helping out with everything over the weekend and a big thanks to all my sponsors for everything they do for me. Thanks!!!


Remember Keep it between the Trees!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment