Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Bummer Enduro (hunting bares)

Saturday August 11, 2012 Closed Course Enduro

Start of the first section.
My little buddy!












For some reason this was our first year going to the Summer Bummer Enduro in Roselawn, IN.  We have been to the spring race many times but not to the summer one. The race is held on part of the property of a nudist resort. You can just imagine what is lurking in the woods! We arrived there Friday night and settled in for the night. In the morning I got up and went for a walk into the woods behind our trailer and the sand had a ton of moisture and it looked like it was going to be perfect conditions for riding. Turns out I was right, the trail held the moisture and was awesome. Saturday consisted of three loop sections; each of these three sections we raced three different times. We ran a total of 9 tests on Saturday using the restart format. The first 3 tests were basically sight laps. It was only 10 mph speed average so we were just burning the new trail in. The rest of the laps we did were 18 mph except for the last test they bumped that up to 24mph. Well needless to say the only test that took points was the last test so it came down to the last test of the day to determine the winner. Four of us dropped just 2 points all day but as the seconds were figured I ended up 3rd place. Had a good ride and had fun.


Sunday August 12, 2012 
Ready to put the hammer down!





Road side pitstop.
Bringing home the Overall!!

Sunday we were looking at about 70 ground miles for the day. The longest test being about eight miles long and shortest at about four miles. I was looking forward to today because I wanted to try and get the win since I was soo close on Saturday. I felt good Sunday morning and was ready to get the day started. My first test was good- no major mistakes. I had a little trouble with two riders not moving over right away and held me up a bit but I came out of the section with only dropping a 1. The second section I rode really well and came out dropping 2 points. The third test is were I really put my head down and charged, I marked a 3 in that section being the fastest time through there and doing so got me a minute lead on the rest of the guys.  The rest of the test we all dropped the same amount of minutes. That third test is what sealed the deal for me to take the Overall for the day. I had a lot of fun and the trail was awesome. I would like to thank the club and all the volunteers for their time so we could have fun riding our dirt bikes and winning races. And a big thanks to all my sponsors for all that they do. Also, I would like to thank my wife and dad for chasing me around all day making sure I had everything I needed to finish. 


Keep it between the Trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment