Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rainy Day at Byron.




Well the trip to Byron, IL ended up being a wet one. The morning race saw overcast skies and a dusty trail in the woods. But by the time we got to the starting line the skies looked like they were going to open up on us at any time. They did, it was just a steady drizzle for most of the race. It made the moto track super slippery and was starting to make the woods loop better since they have had such dry conditions down there. My start was not the best because my bike didn't start on the first kick and I was almost dead last off the line. I worked my way up to sixth by the first lap and was able to get into fifth in a short time after that. I finally caught fourth place after another lap and got by him and just started to put my head down to catch the leaders. I finally caught second and third place after a lot of hard laps with lap traffic and slippery conditions.  When I caught them they were holding me up a little since I was just pushing it to try and make up as much ground as I could from the start that I had. When we came out on the moto track I was right with them and then I got crossed up and went down hard. I got back up and got myself going but after that crash my bike was cutting out every once in awhile and would not start back up right away. With that happening I lost second and third place riders and was also caught by fifth place when my bike stalled on one of the laps.  Well, I was able to catch fourth again and I got around him on the last lap but almost at the end of the race my bike stalled again and he got back around me and I ended up finishing fifth. When we got home we found our problem that was causing all my issues and the bike is running awesome again. You're going to have rough days so you just have to get through them and finish the best you can and regroup for next weekend. I would like to thank all my sponsors- without you I wouldn't be out here having fun racing my dirtbike. I would also like to thank my pit crew for standing out in the rain all day pitting for me.

Until next time, keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment