Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Round 8 of the National Enduros!

September 9, 2012
 
the waterfall section

We made the trek to Missouri for the eight round of the National Enduro series in Park Hill, MO. The weather and conditions were perfect. We have been here to play ride but this was our first time racing here. We arrived Saturday morning and got set up for the weekend. We borrowed a couple of bicycles from Allan Randt and went to check out the famous waterfall section everyone talks about. Glad we did because I got to see what lines I was going to take down it. They haven't had much rain so there wasn't much water running down it. We signed up Saturday afternoon, got sound checked, got ready for the next day and just relaxed a bit. I have been fighting allergies for the last couple of weeks and I thought that they were getting better on Saturday because I felt awesome, but Saturday night they hit again and I had to take some medicine. Sunday came around and I felt pretty good but the medicine makes my head feel funny and makes my reaction times and timing on the bike a little off so I struggled with that the first couple of sections. I finally got my head into the race around the fourth test but not being able to start hard at the beginning hurt me in my results. I rode the best that I could considering my circumstances and came home with a 4th place trophy in Open A and 23rd place Overall. I would like to thank all my sponsors and my dad for all the support I get on and off the track.

Until next time keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment