Monday, May 12, 2014

Sand Goblin Enduro

April 13, 2014

The start of our local Enduro series was finally here. We made our trek to Roselawn, IN for the first round. This was a combined district 16/17 race. The whole family got to come to this race so that was exciting. We arrived Saturday afternoon and got signed up and all ready for Sunday’s race. I ended up on row 21. I would have preferred a little later row because of all the leaves but they were filled up. The weather was calling for rain showers on and off Sunday and I was glad they were wrong. 

Sunday rolled around and the skies were sunny with some clouds. The rain held off for the event so that made the day great. The Endurocross section was right next to the start of the race so I walked over and looked at it to see where I wanted to go. It didn't look bad - the only real obstacle was going to be other bikes and people stuck in it. When the race started we rode around a big field then entered a little woods section. After that I entered the endurocross section. When I got to it there were three guys stuck on the logs right at the beginning. I was able to get by all of them but on the last log trying to get over it and around a guy I got stuck myself and tipped over. I was able to get up right away and get going. I got through the rest of it with no problems and back into the woods. I ended up getting a little arm pump in that section after the endurocross section (I think a combination of holding my breath and holding on too tight through that section). The next couple of tests went well except I was missing the flips on the checks and that was costing me valuable points to the other guys in my class. Overall I had a decent ride! The only real set back was that I had too early of a minute. I had a hard time finding the trail in some sections due to all the leaves and had to pass a lot of the guys ahead of me. I think ten minutes back would have been better because of a more established tail to follow.  The club did a great job and the race was a lot of fun. I ended up 4th overall for the event out of 238 entries. 

I am going home to work on some stuff because I am hungry for the win at the next round. Thanks again to all my great sponsors for all their support and to my support crew consisting of my Dad, Mom, wife Keri, and my biggest fan Chase.

Remember Keep it Between the Trees!! 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment