Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Stone Lake Harescramble #1



July 13, 2014

Our first trip to Stone Lake has come and gone.  The weekend was looking great with good weather and the race was promising almost an eight mile course. The Minnesota series has a good following so I was also looking forward to a good turnout.  

As two o’clock came near I was ready to get the day started.  As the flag dropped my bike fired up and I was about fifth to the first corner.  As I got to the corner I got pushed wide because of a mud hole in the inside of the corner, but as we went around the moto track I was able to get around a couple of guys and was sitting in a good spot going into the woods. I was confident that I could get by them and push to the front. As we started the second lap I came to the first field section and grabbed a couple gears. I was in either fourth or fifth when the front wheel tucked on me and sent me cart wheeling across the ground. After I gathered myself, I remounted the bike and took off. I was pretty sore and just rode the rest of the race trying to just get through it. After I crossed the finish line I was bummed on my finish but happy that I didn’t get seriously hurt on my get off. I never give up no matter what happens and push to come back stronger.  I would like to thank all my sponsors and my family for all their help.

Remember to keep it between the trees.

 
 
 Cheering on daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment