Monday, June 8, 2015

District 16 Hare Scramble – Arkansaw, WI




We made the trip back to the western part of the state to Arkansaw, WI for the third round of the District 16 Hare scramble series. We haven’t been to this venue for a few years and everyone was looking forward to the excitement of something new again. This was a dual district race with district 23 and 16. The forecast was calling for rain at some point for the weekend and they were right because it poured all night Saturday. This made it extremely muddy for Sunday’s race! The morning races had it the worst as they were the ones drying the track out each lap. When two o’clock rolled around the moto track was looking better, but I knew the woods was going to be very rutted because most of the course took place on the side of the hills.

When the gun shot went off my bike fired up and I was second into the first turn and raced off the track in that position. My bike was a little fidgety with the humidity and I felt like my jetting wasn’t perfect for the temps/humidity. I sucked it up and rode the best I could. I had a lot of trouble throughout the day with catching lappers in all the wrong spots. It definitely was a race about where you caught lapped riders and made it through all the tough sections clean with no mistakes. Unfortunately, I was on the losing side of both today. I couldn’t catch a break with all the lap traffic. I was catching second place at one point and just entered the woods and there was a bottle neck with at least six guys with nowhere to go. I got through that jam but fourth and fifth place caught right up to me after that. The next section of the race the same thing happened (I got caught behind a stuck rider and a guy got around me). Towards the end of the race Matt Stavish and myself where going back and forth - I would get by him and then he would get back by me. It was a lot of fun but everyone was getting tired. I ended up Fifth overall for the day. I was able to keep the Wisconsin riders behind me to get good points for our series.

I would like to thank everyone that is helping me this year- especially my family for all that they do on race day and throughout the week. And to all my great sponsors! Without you it would be tough to do what we do. Thank You!

Remember to keep it between the Trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment