Tuesday, June 23, 2015

District 16 Hare Scramble – Stone Lake, WI

 
 
 


 

Sunday June 21, 2015
Finished: 1st AA & 1st Overall


We made the trip to western WI for the Dual district race at Summit Lake game farm.  Racing, Fishing, and shooting were in the plans for the weekend. As usual, rain was in the forecast for Saturday which would make the course slippery for Sunday’s race. So far almost every race has been muddy so why not another one? I was coming off a great race the weekend before in Marquette and wanted to keep the ball rolling. As the sun came up Sunday morning I knew it was going to be a good day. I felt great and was ready to hit the woods.  As 2 o’clock came around I lined up in the front row with 14 other AA riders wanting the same thing- the hole shot and crossing the finish line in first. With all the rain on Saturday the course was going to be very technical and slippery. 

As the flag rose up at the start we were off and I was second or third going into the first corner. I charged hard on the moto-track section because I wanted to be first into the wood’s section and it paid off. I was able to ride the slippery conditions well and crossed the finish line with a lead over second place. It was a great feeling to win in those conditions and with such a strong lead.
I would like to thank my entire family and all my friends for all their help at the races. As well as, a very big thank you to all my sponsors! Couldn’t do it without you- that’s for sure. I’m hoping to keep the Husqvarna on the top of the podium as much as possible.

Remember to Keep It between the Trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment