Monday, June 15, 2015

District 16 Hare Scramble – Marquette, MI









We skipped out on going to the Wyoming National Enduro to head up to one of my favorite places to ride – Marquette, MI. This year the race at Marquette was a dual paying points race: District 16 Harescramble and District 16 Enduro race.

On Saturday my dad and I helped out with the kids Enduro. We worked a check and stood guard at some road crossings. The conditions on Saturday were a little dusty and it looked like the course could use some rain.  Late afternoon it started to rain off and on. Later that night it rained some more and that made the course awesome for Sunday.

The first two sections of the enduro were a little tighter woods with some technical obstacles. Test three and four were a lot more flowing. Test Five had a little bit of both; it had some tight papal sections and it opened up to some flowing trail. The mountain was saved for the last test of the day. This was a 12 mile section full of challenges. It actually came down to the last section of the day to determine who was taking the overall win for the day. Tyler Vore and myself where tied going into the final test. I was able to edge him out by a minute in the last section to take the overall for the day. I rode well all day except for a few mistakes and the bottle neck in the second section that took some time from me, but all and all I had a great time and can’t wait to race in Marquette again next year.

A huge thank you to my family for running gas and to all my sponsors for keeping me going strong- couldn't do it without all of you. Thank you!

Remember to keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment