Monday, August 7, 2017

2017 District 16 Harescramble - Hixton

My Dad and I made the trip to the western part of the state to the small town of Hixton where CMJ Raceway is located. We got there late Friday afternoon and I was thinking it was going to be really muddy as we drove through a couple hard rain storms on the way there. Most of those storms must have missed them as it was not to bad at all. We got settled in and called it a night. When morning came I jumped on my mountain bike and prerode the course. The only thing that was really bad far as mud was the moto track, but we had all day for it to dry out. With only having one event there this weekend Chris the owner was able to lay out a longer course than normal and use a lot of trail we haven't used in years. I was really excited to get race day here after seeing the course.

When race day came around I was ready and really excited to get the day going. When the gun shot went off I kicked the kick-starter and the bike didn't fire so I kicked it again and was on my way in last place. I was able to get into fourth as we went into the woods and slowly get around everyone to get in to the lead. Once there I put my head down and focused on hitting all my lines and not making any mistakes. I was able to take the win with a healthy lead by the end of the day. I would like to thank my Dad for all his help this weekend and to all my sponsors for all that they do.

Remember to Keep it between the Trees!!

@Moose Racing @Keytime Motorsports @Enduro Engineering @Kenda @ NitroMousse @Seat Concepts @Checkpoint Offroad @Bel-Ray @HBD @DirtTricks @Braking @Acerbis @FMF @SMITH @IMS @Leatte @GPR @EVS @G2 @Twinair
 

No comments:

Post a Comment