Monday, August 5, 2013

Hixton Enduro.


8-4-13










We made our last trip to Hixton, WI for the year. You couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend for being outside and enjoying the weather. The SEWER club laid out a 6.6 mile course for the closed course Enduro. I mountain biked the course on Saturday morning and was excited to race it on Sunday. They cut in some new trail and made the loop more technical than it normally is there. The dirt was pretty good too, because they got some rain in the middle of the week. I drew minute one Sunday morning and typically that would be a horrible minute but with the closed course Enduros you don't have any lap traffic in your way and you can just ride the course. The first lap was hard to find the trail in spots due to some of the trail being new, but the rest of the laps were great. We did six loops for the day. I didn't really have any big mistakes except one time getting around a rider I caught a root and went down but got up quickly and kept pushing forward. I rode really well for the most part and I had a lot of fun on the course. I ended up taking the overall win for the day and would like to thank all my sponsors and my wife and parents for helping out each and every week at the races. Thanks!


Remember keep it between the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment