Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The summer bummer weekend.

8-11-13


Day 1
We made the five hour drive to the Indiana town of Roselawn. We arrived late Friday night, got settled in, and crashed for the night. Saturday morning was a little muggy. I went to sign up and got on the second row which was great because I wanted to avoid lap traffic. The first loop was basically just a parade lap to get the trail broken in. I tried to get myself ready for the remaining laps to put the hammer down and ride smooth and hard. I put in a good ride the rest of the race, but made a few small mistakes here and there that cost me the win. The top three were separated by seconds all day. I came home with a third place for the day.

Day 2

Once again it was a hot and muggy day of ridding just like the day before. I wanted to redeem myself by riding hard and coming home with the win. My day started off really well. I dropped a 1 in the first section and knew I was on pace for the day. The next test went well also, but I had a little trouble getting around a few riders. I rode this section clean and smooth and still on track to be where I needed to be to be in contention for the win. The third test is where I tried to ride hard and make no mistakes and try and gap the rest of the field. I did what I wanted to but so did Anthony. We both came out of that test dropping 3 points. After three tests we where tied. Tests 4 and 5 went well. Test five could have been trimmed better so I could have seen the trail better, but it was still good. I was in a battle with Anthony and probably only seconds determining who would come home with the win. On the sixth test is where my day fell apart, we were only about a mile into the section when a couple of us got lost. The trail apparently turned left but they had very few arrows and no ribbon or wrong way signs on the old trail they turned off of and we followed it for a ways. I turned around and headed back to see where the trail went and by that time already lost a minute on Anthony (we almost hit head on trying to find the trail). That test cost me a chance at taking home the overall for the day. The final test was the long test we had the day before and it was beat up. I tried to ride the last section hard and mistake free but a few mistakes cost me some time which wouldn't have changed the outcome for the day. I finished the race second overall. I would like to thank all my sponsors for their help and everyone else that helped out. Thanks.

Remember to Keep it between the trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment